People powered development
You are here
Tips on how to complete the application form
- Do not paste your CV into the application form. In the application form we ask several questions and it is important that you address these.
- If you have a lot to say, use bullet points to set the information out clearly.
- Explain/spell out all acronyms that you use.
- Make sure your language is clear and that you do not leave those doing the short-listing guessing what skills and experience you have – they are only able to make a decision based on what you have written.
- Give clear examples to back up any statements you make regarding your ability to meet the requirements in the person specification.
- Check your application for spelling or typing errors, clear formatting and missing information before you submit it.
- A well-written application form will enhance your chances of getting you an interview.