Here you can find out more about what it is like to be on a Progressio ICS placement:
- What will I do? - you won't find out exactly what you will be doing beforehand as each project responds to the needs of the local communities that you will be working in and these needs change over time. You will receive some information before leaving the UK, but in the meantime to get an idea of what types of things you could be doing, see the volunteer blog.
- Who will I work with? On your placement you will spend ten weeks in a team of both UK and in-country volunteers, working alongside a Progressio partner organisation. A partner organisation may be a local or national charity, a community or faith based organisation or a worker's co-operative. The partner organisation will already be working in the community and volunteers will support this ongoing work.
- Where will I go? - Click here to find out about the five countries where we run ICS
- Volunteer roles - all volunteers have an individual role in addition to your group’s shared activities, to help you to get the best out of your placement and your team to achieve more. Click here to find out more about the roles available.
- Who will support me? Each country has a Progressio office with Progressio staff who will support the volunteers. You will also have UK and in-country Group Leaders who will support the team in placement. Click here for more information about the Group Leader role.